Bike Service & Repair
South Austin's Bike Repair Experts
BIKEALOT is a mechanic owned shop with over 25 years experience. We guarantee our work and we're confident you will appreciate our commitment to quality.
Repairs & Customizations
Need a repair? Contact us today for a free estimate. *
We are happy to customize your ride! Whether you're looking to upgrade functionality of your current parts, or you're looking to change your fit to make your bike feel new again, we're here for you.
Ready to replace that worn out cassette? Need some sweet new fenders? Always wanted a dropper seat post? Let us help you source ideal parts and professionally install them for you.
- For safety & compatibility reasons, we only work on bicycle brands that are sold through bike shops, not department stores like Academy or Walmart.
- We no longer install parts not purchased through BIKEALOT.
- For the time being, we are not assembling bikes not purchased through BIKEALOT.
- We regret that we cannot do walk-up minor repairs or adjustments due to the processes necessary to check in & sanitize all bikes for the duration of the Covid-19 threat to public health. Please scroll down for links to parts & tools, and check out our resources page for links to DIY maintenance videos.
Pashley, our friendly shop dog.
Tune-Ups start at $90
We do A LOT more than lube your chain & tweak your brakes.
All Tune-Ups Include:
- Sanitizing bike wash to prevent spreading Coronavirus*
- Safety check on all parts and accessories of bicycle**
- Adjust gears and brakes
- Minor spot truing of attached wheels
- Adjust headset, tighten cranks and chain ring bolts
- Lube cable, housing, and chain
- Check/Adjust derailleur hanger alignment
- Free installation of BIKEALOT purchased accessories
- Wheel work, which includes up to 4 adjustments such as: bearing cone adjustment, precision wheel true (for a straighter wheel and tighter brakes), and rotor true (smooths out disc brakes)
- Add-ons to standard tune-ups may include things like replacing worn cables, chains, brake pads, or other components needed to help ensure safety & reliability.
*Basic drive train cleaning included in wash, but there's an extra $10-15 charge for excessive chain lube or years of build up.
** Bicycles not originally assembled by a bike shop will cost an additional $25-50, to cover ergonomic fit adjustments, installation safety check, and repositioning parts as needed.
Home Bike Repair
We recommend having a few products at home to do basic maintenance and help you keep your bike in excellent working condition between your annual tune-ups. Check out our resources for links to how-to videos. We have an excellent selection of essential tools, lubricants and cleaning products, and quality work stands. Shop online and drop by for free contact-less curbside pickup.